- There are so many different helmets. Choose the one the fits you best. A CE-marked helmet that’s easy to adjust is a good bet.
- Your choice of clothing depends on the weather and the season. But a pair of padded cycling trousers are a good start. A pair of gloves or mittens can make biking in colder weather more pleasant.
- It’s easy to get sunburned when you’re biking in the summer. Sunglasses and sun cream provide you with excellent protection. Remember your ears, too. A buff headband or tied bandana will shield the skin of your neck from the sun’s rays.
- Keep your telephone in a water-tight sheath so it won’t get wet if it begins to rain.
- A map and a compass can help ensure that you won’t get lost.
- Take a pump with you, as well as an extra inner tube if you’re going to be biking a long distance. A mini-tool with a chain splitter, tyre lever, stick-on patches, extra chain links, as well as silver tape, are good things to have in your rucksack.
- A first aid kit is always smart to have in the event of an accident.
- Anti-mosquito products will keep away pesky uninvited guests.
Do you prefer a fast trip on mountain bike or a relaxing bicycle holiday? Sydkustleden offers fantastic opportunities for those who love going places on two wheels. If this is your first bicycle holiday, there are a few things you should bear in mind. Here are our best recommendations: